Allied EMS Systems’ New Operations
Allied EMS Systems, Inc., which had been headquartered at 3407 M-119, Harbor Springs, Michigan, has suspended all of its former pre-hospital, emergency-medical services (EMS) operations within portions of Antrim, Charlevoix, Emmet, Mackinac, and Presque Isle Counties in Michigan as of June 1, 2015.
Allied has been succeeded by either Cheboygan Life Support Systems, Emmet County EMS, or the Township Ambulance Authority as emergency-medical services providers within portions of the five counties that previously had received such services from Allied (below is a listing of cities, villages, and townships within these counties that are now served by one of the three replacement EMS agencies).
With elimination of its former ambulance-related services, Allied EMS Systems, in conjunction with North Central Michigan College in Petoskey, now provides EMS-related education and training programs in Allied’s continued roles as a designated Community Training Center for the American Heart Association and as an Education Program Sponsor for the Michigan Department of Community Health.
Contact information for Allied EMS Systems:
Allied EMS Systems, Inc.
Post Office Box 368
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
Chief Executive Officer:
George L. Korthauer
Director of Finance:
Debra K. Meert
Allied’s Successor EMS Agencies
Three EMS agencies have succeeded Allied EMS Systems in providing pre-hospital, emergency-medical services within portions of Antrim, Charlevoix, Emmet, Mackinac, and Presque Isle Counties:
- Antrim County, within the Villages of Bellaire, Central Lake, and Mancelona and within the Townships of Central Lake, Chestonia, Custer, Forest Home, Helena, Kearny, Mancelona, Star, and Warner, the EMS provider is now the Township Ambulance Authority.
- Charlevoix County, within the Township of Chandler and within portions of Hayes and Melrose Townships, the EMS provider is now Emmet County EMS.
- Emmet County, within the Cities of Harbor Springs and Petoskey, the Villages of Alanson and Pellston, and within the Townships of Bear Creek, Center, Cross Village, Friendship, Littlefield, Little Traverse, Maple River, Pleasantview, Readmond, Resort, Springvale, and West Traverse, the EMS provider is now Emmet County EMS.
- Mackinac County, within the Cities of Mackinac Island and St. Ignace, and within the Townships of Brevort, Hendricks, Hudson, Moran, and St. Ignace, the EMS provider is now Cheboygan Life Support Systems.
- Presque Isle County, within the City of Rogers City and within the Townships of Bearinger, Belknap, Bismark, Krakow, Metz, Molke, Ocqueoc, Posen, Pulawski, and Rogers, the EMS provider is now Cheboygan Life Support Systems.